Monday, April 12, 2010
they said in unison
colby & molly: "Jesus healed the sick man."
me: "good job!"
molly: "Jesus died on the cross!"
me: "yes He did. do you know why?"
molly: "they put nails in his hands and poked him with a sword and he died."
me: "do you know why He died on the cross, though, molly?"
molly: "and then they took Him off the cross and put Him in a tomb with a big rock over the door and when He woke up He couldnt get out!! He was trapped!!!"
me: "no He wasnt trapped. God rolled the stone away so He could walk out."
molly: "and then He went home and His mom and dad swat Him."
me: "they swat Him?"
molly: "yes, becuase He was in trouble."
me: "what did He do to get in trouble?"
molly: "He ate all the food in the pantry and the refrigerator, so they swat Him on His bottom."
honestly, i didnt even know where to start. it was bedtime. i was tired.
i just said ok, and put her to bed.
i promise i will not let my daughter grow up thinking that, after He rose from the dead, Jesus got swat for eating all the food in the house.
Sunday, April 11, 2010
posing for the camera again.
one of the jellyfish tanks at the aquarium.
this tank was 20-something feet deep, and as long as a football field. HUGE. all different kinds of fish and rays, and the only aquarium in the country with whale sharks.
view from the top of stone mountain. yes, it drops off right there.
colby and allen on stone mountain
there was a booth at the stone mountain park where you could get your hair done. molly wanted to get hers done, but she wanted me to get mine done too. i think i look like a dr seuss character.
i have a funny molly story to share, but it'll have to wait till tomorrow. i'm done for the day.
Friday, April 2, 2010
1. when it comes right down to it, i don't think i really want a dog.
2. i suck at drawing.
3. i've always wanted a big brother.
4. i love a good sandwich.
5. when i was pregnant, i would eat a whole pizza and not think twice about it.
6. i regret not pursuing anything passionately in high school. i wonder how good i could have been had i picked one thing and stuck with it.
7. i don't have a college degree, nor do i have a clue what i would want one in.
8. i used to steal that sticky tack stuff off my teachers desk in 2nd grade.
9. i really really love to dance. all kinds.
10. i used to prank call people and hold the phone up to the t.v. on a spanish channel.
11. i like the way skunks smell.
12. i am terrified of grasshoppers.
13. i'm scared of tubing on a river. i almost drowned in one of the rapids when i was in middle school, and about 5 years ago i got dumped out of the inner tube and twisted my knee. i hate it.
14. i love flying.
15. i've never had eggnog.
16. when allen goes out of town, i almost always end up calling the police on our neighbors barking dog, because i get paranoid that theres 'someone out there.' she only seems to bark when allens out of town.
17. in 8th grade, i got pantsed in front of the guy i had a crush on. he pointed and laughed.
18. when i was a junior i would sneak of campus with a friend of mine who was a senior, by hiding in the trunk of her car.
19. theres always a song in my head.
20. i marched in the rose parade on new years day in 1996.
21. i wish my rib cage was smaller.
22. i like rap music, but i dont listen to it...much.
23. i hate cleaning my house.
24. i would love it to be super cute and fashionable to wear pajama pants and tshirts all the time.
25. i really really love my family and cant believe how blessed i am.