Sunday, September 26, 2010

rewriting the bible

i dont mean that literally. thats of course completely NOT okay to do.
colby, however, has been getting a bit mixed up with his latest memory verse.
john 3:16, a good one to know.
i wrote it on the white board in the school room and we review it each day. we start with me just saying it, then he repeats after me till eventually i can just say the first word and off he goes.
we were a day or two past the "repeat after me" stage, and i prompted him,
me: "for God..."
colby:"for God so loved the world, that He gave His only forgotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
me: "begotten"
colby: "what?"
me: "begotten, not forgotten. begotten son."
i was of course laughing, which only encourages him to keep doing it, so we had a few days of incorrect recitation. i told him tonight at bedtime that he really needs to start saying it correctly. we'll see if he remembers that tomorrow.


cinderella opened this weekend. allen came friday night with some friends of ours, then came again today with my inlaws, nephew, and the kids.
colby waved at me from the fourth row for two hours. i dont think he quite understands that i cant ackowledge him from the stage. but they enjoyed it very much. one of my closest friends is cinderella, so it helped that they know her as well. in fact, molly wouldnt pose with me for a picture, because she was more interested in having her picture taken with katie (cinderella). sigh. she's already outgrowing me.
later this afternoon i was talking with colby
me: "thanks for coming to the show, buddy."
colby: "you're welcome, mommy."
me: "did you like it?"
colby: "yeah! it was great!"
me: "what was your favorite part?"
colby: "the part where you sing your silly song."
me: "i like that part, too."
colby: "you're actually pretty funny, mommy!!"
me: "....thanks."

i'm glad my son finds me mildy humorous.


my first and favorite costume in the show
this is what i wear to the ball and for most of the show, really. the combination of cheap fabric and sweat turns my arms green. lovely.
this is the best i could get with colby after the show today.



picture with cinderella

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I liked the Bible verse, the "forgotten" bit. Once my husband, after a few glasses of wine, offered to say the prayer, ". . . and please let us be thankful for those less fortunate than us . . . "