Saturday, January 14, 2012

threesixfive, week 2

hello everyone!! we've been fighting a losing battle with allergies this week. colby woke up thursday with an ear infection, and was put on an antibiotic as well as a nasal spray because just the inhaler and zyrtec arent doing the trick. poor guy. he inhereted my "i hate pollen and mold" gene. mollys been pretty snotty, too, so they stayed home from co-op on friday. the jury is still out on church tomorrow. i'll have to see how theyre doing in the morning.
other than that little hiccup, it was so stinkin awesome to have a predictable, routine-filled week.
lets have a look....

sunday




we made a trek out to the waffle house for dinner with a group from church. youre looking at hashbrowns; scattered, smothered, covered, and topped. that means chili, onions, and cheese. they weren't bad, but i'll stick with waffles next time.



monday

my parents came by to say hi and ended up staying for dinner. my dad hates mushrooms (too late, i had already put them in), but just to show hes a good sport, he tried one. it was a no go. he ate around them.



tuesday
i made this! its a 5-strand tshirt headband. i even used my sewing machine! i made a really fat teal one too that broke my needle. :-/ they're great for wearing to workout! and cute, too. forgive the smattering of bath towels in the background. welcome to my bathroom, which will hopefully get decorated post tax-return.





wednesday

the conference room at church where i meet with my accountability partner every wednesday. this was our first week back in over a month with the holidays and grandpa passing away. it was so good to sit and visit with her! love you, girl!





thursday

one of my christmas presents and new favorite toys (besides my sewing machine which i'm still learning how to use). i'm drinking way too much tea and coffee because its just so darn convenient.






friday

i'm cutting about 40 tshirts into 1in X 4in strips. i'll show you why hopefully in a couple weeks. fingers crossed i can get it done in time for disciple now.





saturday

a few of the senior girls came over tonight to celebrate one of them turning 18. i made tacos and we had cupcakes. we also played quelf. if you've never heard of this game, then the picture will make no sense to you whatsoever. i'm wearing a homemade snorkel and a foil glove on my left hand in which i'm also holding a yankee candle because its not my turn and its also bigger than my fist, AND i'm hiding in a fort i had to construct until my next turn. out. of. control.







for those of you suffering from early spring allergies (booo to cedar fever!) i hope for both our sakes that it clears up soon! i heard the other day that theres talk of a bill being passed in austin forbidding the planting of cedar trees and mandating the cutting down of all those currently in the city limits because they use too much water, something thats a hot commodity around here lately. i love trees, but i think i would support that happening. my nose and eyes would be so grateful!


have a blessed week!

14 comments:

LuAnn said...

I am with your dad - not a mushroom fan at all.

Like the hand band too

Karen Lambert said...

I am with you on the Cedar Trees, I think they need to be eradicated. :)

On another note....I told your husband, but now I am telling you.
COME hang out and I will TEACH you to use that sewing machine. Maybe over spring break you and April can both come for a day of sewing while the kids play.

Mandy Chalman said...

Call me this week and Justine and I can come over and help you with those D-now t-shirts. The kids and I will be getting back in town today and looking for play dates!

Dawn said...

Remind me to tell you about some of my sewing experiences - I think you'll appreciate the laugh. Especially the story about broken needles.

Love ya!

PS - Didn't get selected for jury duty! yeah!!!

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

I love my Keurig coffee maker...they really are very conveniant.

The Bug said...

I'll eat your dad's mushrooms! Did that sound weird?

I love that last picture best - you're a nut.

I'm allergic to pine trees, dust & mold, but fortunately my allergies are kept pretty well in check with my daily claritin.

sara said...

I so love mushrooms, I just don't understand how others don't..including my family!!! :{

we love quelf!! brings out the kid in everyone!!!

Robin Lambright said...

My DD always come home from her various parties with all sorts of wonderful games that I have never heard of....love watching them all have fun!

I have a mushroom hater at my house too, most times I just toss them in and she works around them.

My accountability group meets on Thursday evenings at our church. It is one of the highlight of my week!

Blessings
R

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I am not a fan of hashbrowns like that. I love my Keurig. I can't imagine life without it....and I too am heavy on the tea and coffee...although I found Apple Cider during the holidays and have been loving that too.

semperfi said...

interesting hashbrowns. Love the headband & that game sounds interesting. Have a good week

Tori said...

I agree with your dad on the 'shrooms...ICK!

Very fun headband!

My family loves our Keurig too. I am not a coffee or tea drinker, but I love the smell in the house.

Have a super week!!

McCrakensx4 said...

Bummer for sickies...hope all is well this week. WE.LOVE.QUELF!! One of our favorite games for sure! We played it at a friends house b/f Christmas so my oldest asked and received if for Christmas! Super cute headband...wish I was more crafty that way!

riTa Koch said...

My hubs replaced my sewing machine and got me a serger as well for Christmas. i hope to learn those T-shirt crafts.
Funny dad n'mushroom expression ;)
Have a good, very good week.

Skoots1moM said...

great pics...my hubs won't eat shrooms either
would love to have a new sewing machine...eager to see your finished project