Sunday, September 30, 2012

threesixfive, week 39

i started the project that is my living room this week, and we just hung the final touch over the couch!! i'm SOOO happy with it, but you wont see a picture of that until next weeks 365 post, because technically it's todays picture. if a get a burst of blogging energy, i may post some pictures before then. we'll see. heres our week!

sunday
spaghetti squash; a new discovery for me. since i'm not eating carbs or starchy things, this is now what i eat instead of pasta. the fam doesnt care for it. at all. so they still get spaghetti/pasta/whatever, and i roast one of these babies.







monday
i had a meeting with the childrens pastor today to talk about some large group stuff for sunday, and by the time we left he, allen, zach (our media guy), and chris (the new worship pastor), as well as my children, were all throwing rubber high bounce balls at each other, or bouncing several at a time off the walls and watching them fly everywhere. i'm not sure they get any work done up there.....






tuesday
this is me and emily, one of my dearest friends. her birthday was this week, so a group of girls went out to celebrate on tuesday night.






wednesday
my mom came in town tuesday/wedensday and wanted to get the kids' halloween costumes. colby chose harry potter, and wore the glasses all day while casting various spells on complete strangers.







thursday
as you can see, i started painting. i realized at some point that all was quiet, and looked up to see both kids on their respective couches, reading. i love that they both like to read.







friday
it was crazy hat day at co-op. this is colbys go-to topper; the oh-so-fashionable lobster. that thing is so old, but i dont dare get rid of it. you never know when you might need a good lobster hat.








saturday
we had a family game night. we ordered pizza, ate it on the living room floor, and played game party 3 on the wii. sorry mollys a blur. she was playing some serious mini golf.




and thats our week. the kids' soccer games were cancelled for the second weekend in a row because of rain. they're wondering if theyre going to get to play at all. hopefully third weekend's a charm. or something like that.

be blessed!

7 comments:

Robin Lambright said...

It's been a long time since I had spaghetti squash, I might just put one in my cart the next time i go to the grocery story. I am going today in fact. it looked really good!

Great week!
R

LuAnn said...

What comfy couches for them to read in.

It will be a crazy week of traveling. Especially because we are driving. I AM not a flyer.

Have a great week.

sara said...

I love spaghetti squash!!! We are actually having it tonight!

isn't it amazing that after such a DRY, HOT summer..now we are getting all this rain. If it would just spread itself out!!!

Love the lobster hat!

The Bug said...

Love blurry Molly - she's on fire. Ha! And I LOVE the picture of them goofing off with their dad & the worship pastor.

Can't wait to see your project!

riTa Koch said...

Cute picture of you and your friend!
And Harry Potter too!
Have a great week.

RaD said...

I've heard of spaghetti squash but never have been adventurous enough to try it. I'm sure you get lots of good vitamins.

My kids like to read too, but I also set goals and give incentives to keep them in the books. They're reading has improved so much in the last few months since I did that.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I love spaghetti squash and have not had it in a while. I will have to add it to my food cabinet. Yummmmm. Your week was definitely a busy one.