Saturday, November 29, 2008

i'm feelin' crafty

not crafty like a fox; crafty like martha stewart, baby!!
i have, in the last 24 hours, done 3 different craft projects with my son.
and yes, i am bragging.
they actually turned out really really well. i get Family Circle magazine, which always has super cool, if not a little extravagant, craft projects to do with your kids. with a 2 and 4 year old, this usually means i do the project while they watch, so its only been recently that i've started even dabbling in this new frontier. everything was super easy, and pretty inexpensive. colby was able to at least help out, if not completely participate, in everything.

we made (spoiler alert, ms. brandy) bookmarks for his teachers out of ribbon and buttons.
sooo cute!!!

we also made snowflake window clings...

...and ice crystals (they really just look like snowflakes) that we hung up between our stockings.


happy crafting! let me know if you make anything fabulous!!!

5 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Ok, I'm just working my way back up your blog after reading about Africa. So little fanfare you made over this trip! Your pictures are amazing, some of the best I've seen at showing the "stories" of where you were. I'm honored to follow your blog; thanks for following mine. And yes, you are Martha-crafty!

Liz said...

I WISH I had the time to make crafty things with the kids. Timmy is sooo into helping out with everything right now. Things just never seem to slow down up here.

I am glad you made it back safely from Africa. I actually told Ed on Wednesday, "Amy should be back from Africa now" :) I am glad you had a great time! Would love to see more pics and hear more stories sometime.

Laters...Liz

BrandyJ-jeremiah29:11 said...

I got the spoiler alert but you know me, I had to keep reading! (:
I can't wait for my crafty bookmarks! They are super cute and you know that they will end up right in Bible so I think of Colby everyday! You all are great! P.S. Would love to know how you made the snowflake window clings. Those are adorable!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Re: Guffman. Oh, it is my favorite comedy of all-time, as non-p.c. as it is. I can't help myself; I LOVE this movie. I'm also a fan of A Mighty Wind. But I'm telling you, when Corky does that "bite my pillow" scene, I'm on the floor laughing, every time. And the robin in the nest dance. And the terrible acting in the play. And all of the characters. I know; I'm a little overboard. Cannot help it.

Lauren said...

The snowflake window clings are my favorite. Maybe next winter I can make them with Miss Audrey.