the week is almost over!!! where did it go! i said on saturday that i would do another oil post this week, so i need to get this done to make good on my word.
i've mentioned this before, and will say it again here. when using oils for the purpose of health and wellness, i only trust Young Living Essential Oils. their quality and distillation process exceeds all other brands out there. if you're making soap, go ahead and buy your EO at the market, but for treating illness, etc. make sure youre using the good stuff. what you buy at the store is not pure, no matter what the bottle says.
ok, lavender, the duct tape of essential oils. so. many. uses.
this list seems a bit redundant in spots, but i cant claim it as mine, and for the sake of time, i'm leaving it as is. :-)
here ya go!!
50 uses of lavender oil
1. rub on feet for a calming effect.
2. rub on your pillow to help you fall asleep.
3. put a drop on a bee sting or insect bite to stop itching and reduce swelling.
4. put 2-3 drops on a minor burn to decrease pain.
5. drop on a cut to stop the bleeding.
6. mix several drops with a carrier oil to use topically on eczema and dermatitis.
7. place a drop on the end of the tongue, around the navel, or behind ears to alleviate the symptoms of motion sickness.
8. to stop a nosebleed, put a drop of oil on a tissue and wrap it around a small chip of ice. push up under the middle of the top lip to the base of the nose and hold.
9. rub a drop over the bridge of the nose to unblock tear ducts.
10. rub lavender oil on dry or chapped skin.
11. rub a drop of lavender oil on chapped of sunburned lips.
12. to minimize the formation of scar tissue, massage on and around the affected area.
13. rub 2-4 drops over the armpit area to act as a deodorant.
14. put a drop between your palms and inhale deeply to help alleviate the symptoms of hay fever.
15. rub several drops of lavender oil into the scalp to help eliminate dandruff and itching.
16. place a few drops on a cotton ball and place in your linen closet to repel moths and insects.
17. place a drop in your water fountain to scent the air, kill bacteria and prolong the time between cleanings.
18. place a few drops on a wet cloth and throw into the dryer.
19. put a drop of lavender on a cold sore.
20. diffuse lavender oil to alleviate the symptoms of allergies.
21. mix 8-10 drops of lavender with 1 cup distilled water, spritz on sunburn to relieve pain.
22. drop lavender oil on a cut to clean the wound and kill bacteria.
23. apply 2-3 drops of lavender to a rash to stop the itching and heal the skin.
24. rub across bridge of nose and around ears for antihistamine affect.
25. rub on chest for decongestant effect.
26. rub on stomach for digestive spasms.
27. lavender will lower blood pressure.
28. mix with ground oatmeal for soothing facial mask.
29. inhale to reduce stress and tension.
30. put 2-3 drops in 1 cup epsom salts, mix and pour into warm bath.
31. rub on feet for poor circulation.
32. lavender is one of the oils used to rub on scalp for hair loss.
33. use on face or back to combat excess sebum on skin.
34. rub on stretch marks, scar tissue, and burn scars to soften and regenerate tissue.
35. diffuse in office; diffused lavender results in 20% less errors.
36. diffuse to reduce depression.
37. rub on bottom of feet and directly inhale before sleep for insomnia.
38. rub on joints for rheumatism; relieves joint pain.
39. rub on feet as a natural anti fungal.
40. rub on breasts; lavender has been shown to kill breast cancer cells.
41. when taken internally, has been shown to reduce fat/cholesterol.
42. put 1-2 drops in a bowl of steaming water, drape a towel over your head and breathe in vapors for relaxation.
43. rub on skin for contact dermatitis or allergic reaction.
44. use to enhance flavor of foods, salad dressings, and beverages.
45. lavender oil may be used as a mosquito repellant.
46. use in diffuser to treat cough/respiratory infections.
47. treats head lice.
48. diffuse and rub on temples for tension headache.
49. lavender essential oil is good for urinary disorders; helps restore hormonal balance and reduces cystitis or inflammation of the bladder. it also reduces associated cramps.
50. gargle with 2-3 drops of lavender in water for throat infections.
as always, please let me know if you have any questions about anything you read here, or any other essential oils.
thanks for reading!!!!