as promised, here is a list of 40 things you can use peppermint essential oil for...
this list is not exhaustive. please keep in mind i only recommend the use of young living essential oils.
peppermint is one of the hot oils, which means it might feel hot on the skin, depending on your skin sensitivity. until you know how your skin reacts, i suggest diluting it, or keeping a fatty oil (coconut, almond, vegetable, olive) nearby to put over the top of it if it starts to burn.
1. Rub 4-6 drops in your palm and rub over stomach to relieve indigestion, flatulence, and diarrhea.
2. Add peppermint to herbal tea to aid in digestion and relieve heartburn.
3. Massage several drops of oil on an injury to reduce inflammation.
4. Apply peppermint oil immediately to an injured area to relieve pain. If there is a cut, apple the oil around (not on) to open wound.
5. Apply topically on unbroken skin to stop itching.
6. Inhale before and during a workout to boost your mood and reduce fatigue.
7. Massage several drop in the abdomen to reduce nausea.
8. To relieve a tension headache (some migraine), rub on the temples, forehead, and on the back of the neck.
9. To stop hiccups, apply a drop on each side of the fifth vertebrae (up three notches from the base of the neck).
10. Place two drops on the tongue and rub another drop under the nose to improve alertness and concentration.
11. Diffuse in the room while studying to improve concentration and accuracy.
12. Rub 4 drops on chest and stomach to relieve travel sickness.
13. Place a drop on the tongue and inhale into the nose and sinuses to relieve congestion from a cold.
14. Add to food as a flavoring and preservative.
15. To deter rats, mice, ants, and cockroaches, place 2 drops on a cotton ball and place along the path or point of entry.
16. Mix one 15ml bottle of peppermint into 5 gallons of paint to dispel the fumes.
17. Place a couple of drops in a cup of hot water (not plastic!) and enjoy in place of coffee.
18. To kill aphids, add 4-5 drops to 4 ounces of water and spray the plants.
19. Put one drop in a glass of cold water to cool off on a hot day.
20. Rub peppermint oil on joints to relieve arthritis or tendonitis pain.
21. Place a drop on the tongue to stop bad breath instead of gum.
22. Inhale the fragrance to curb appetite and lessen the impulse to overeat.
23. Remove ticks by applying a drop of peppermint oil on a cotton swab. Wait for it to dislodge its head, then remove tick.
24. Mix 6 drops of peppermint oil in a foot bath to relieve sore feet.
25. Apply over toothache area for pain relief.
26. Rub on sore, tired muscles for muscle fatigue.
27. Rub on chest as an expectorant for bronchitis, colds, flu, and allergies.
28. Drink as a tea to help tone liver, intestines, and nervous system.
29. Drop on tongue or in water several times a day to stop craving for cigarettes.
30. Will reduce symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.
31. Improves the flow of bile, which the body uses to digest fat. As a result, food passes through the stomach more quickly.
32. Inhale peppermint while taking a test to improve recall.
33. For poison ivy or poison oak, apply peppermint oil on location (may need to dilute with V-6 oil).
34. Rub on abdomen and lower back to relieve menstrual cramps.
35. Has antiseptic properties and can be used in dental preparations to fight germs.
36. Inhale to combat restlessness and anxiety.
37. Peppermint increases you immunity to diseases.
38. Nourishes dull skin and improves oily skin.
39. Rub several drops on the bottoms of the feet to reduce fever.
40. Peppermint is a natural astringent and will regulate and normalize oily hair. Use 2-3 drops in 4oz of water. Spray on scalp.