Wednesday, March 4, 2009

its the little things

we were at the park yesterday with a friend of mine and her little girl (AWESOME day for it!) and there was a woman there with her two kids. her son was 3 and he and colby became fast friends. they were playing in the dirt with sticks, drawing and digging and whatever boys do with dirt. at one point i was about 20 feet away from where they were playing, trying to keep an eye on both he and molly, and i heard him say
colby: "this is what Jesus died on."
the other mom: "oh, a cross?"
colby: "yes. he died for our sins."

YES! preach it, colby! i have to admit, i was proud. its so encouraging to hear that hes 'getting it.' we talk often about God and Jesus and our salvation. he loves to hear about Jesus dying on the cross for our sins; it's probably his favorite story. i also try to mention throughout the day the things God has done for us and what He has made and blessed us with, etc. i loved hearing him share that with someone else, and correctly! the conversation didnt go any further than that but i was happy that it came up at all.

topic shift....

allen was putting molly to bed a couple of nights ago and he came into colbys room where i was and told me molly was waiting for me. the rocking chair is still in her room and allen thinks she does this back and forth thing with us at bedtime because he leaves her to sit in the rocking chair while shes waiting for me to come in. it must make her feel like a big girl or something. anyway, so i went in and there she sat in the rocking chair in the dark. i scooped her up and sat down with her cuddled up on my lap and i asked her
me: "did daddy pray?"
molly: "yes, he pwayed fo me. he's such a sweet boy."
me: "(giggling a little bit. i still love to listen to her talk, even though its nothing new) he is a sweet boy."
molly: "you're a sweet boy too. daddy loves us."
me: "yes he does."

i just love my kids so much. i hate it when i get frusterated with them or get annoyed with something they're doing, or not doing as it may be. i am so blessed to have them and it's these little, seemingly insignificant things that remind me of that.
thank you, Lord for my sweet babies.

6 comments:

Emily said...

I love to read your stories, especially of the kids! I love your kids, they're awesome and you really are blessed! I hope you guys are doing well!

Amy said...

You should be soooo proud of your little dolls! It sounds like you are a great mother!

Be Blessed,

Amy (Honestly)

Sara@iSass said...

How PRECIOUS!

sara said...

those moments at bedtime can be the sweetest!!!

And way to go Colby!!! I love it so much when my kids share Christ even in the shortest conversations!!

LuAnn said...

Sounds like Colby is a little missionary.

Dawn said...

AWE.SOME!!! Preach it, brother Colby!!!

Don't you just love when you can see their little hearts like that???

I was called in to talk with B's teacher once when he was in K'garten because he'd said the word HE## (!!!) several times. Turns out, he was "street preaching" on the playground. Asking other kids if they'd asked Jesus to forgive them for their sins and be their savior... you know, cuz otherwise they were going to HE##. Apparently, he freaked a few of them out and they ratted on him. Fortunately, his teacher was also a believer (it was a public school).

See you Sunday!