- i met my mother-in-law in giddings today to give her the kids for the weekend. she's in houston and giddings is about halfway. its a little farther on her end, but its really the best place to meet. before i headed home i stopped at subway for lunch, and they had spinach!! the subways in round rock haven't had spinach since the e-coli scare of '07. and thats a really weird sentence...anyway, so i got a veggie delight on wheat with spinach! it's no which wich but there's nothing better than knowing i've had my recommended daily percentage of folate.
- on the way into giddings there's a restaraunt with no name, but a sign out front that reads 'fresh donuts & seafood'. really? how are those two things even realted? so the donuts are fresh but the seafood isnt? do the donuts smell like fish? i just dont get it. i wont be eating there. ever.
- why is mcdonalds making fancy coffee drinks and then advertising them as though someone might actually pick that over, say, starbucks? i try to picture someone saying, 'hey i could really go for a latte. let's go to mcdonalds!' then i was in the drive-thru the other day and i really wanted a coffee, so i ordered one. ironically, starbucks was across the parking lot, but it wasnt a drive-thru starbucks and i didnt want to leave my kids in the car to go in and order something, plus that would have been another stop to make. i keep asking myself, how could i have ordered coffee from mcdonalds while looking at a starbucks less than 100 yards away? forgive me starbucks. my tastebuds have sinned against you. please believe me when i say, i was drinking McCafe, but i was thinking of you.
- i am loving american idol, even though i tried to convince myself i wouldn't watch it this season. yeah, right. it just makes me so happy.
- molly is officially a princess. she's been wearing her princess skirt and carrying a wand for the last 48 hours. the attitude to go with the persona is coming along nicely. case in point; yesterday colby was trying to play a game with her, but she just wasnt getting it and he was getting frusterated. i heard her tell him, "i'm just a baby colby." about an hour later she was wanting to do something (i cant remember what) and i told her she was too little. her response? "no i'm not. i'm BIG!" i wonder if we're about to have another identity crisis. she's also been putting her dolls in timeout a lot. but first she yells at them and throws them down. i would need a timeout after that, too.
i told you it was random, but now my head is empty. i thank you.